About us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals, and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Experienced Accounting Associate & Bookkeeper
Successful candidates should have the following:
- College certification is required; Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of balance sheets and profit & loss statements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff is a plus
- Ability to work with independently and collaboratively with team member as needed.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Bill.com, Xero, Gusto, etc. is a plus
- Ability to handle confidential information and interactions with the highest level of security and tact.
- Managing daily business functions for multiple clients
- Advise clients on cash flow forecasting, business planning, etc.
- Must live a commutable distance to Century City office.
- Processing Accounts Payable.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial work papers, monthly account analyses and reports.
- Assisting with monitoring, maintaining, and reconciling financial accounts and Accounts Payable.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheets and general ledger accounts as required.
- Prepare annual compliance reports: 1099s, City Tax, etc.
- Preparing financial statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Leger, Trial Balance, and other Ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinate financial statement preparation and supporting documents for annual tax preparation and quarterly extension payments
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance via communication with all levels of management, clients, and other 3rd parties
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting staff as required or assigned add training staff as we perform accounting research