Job Title: Litigation Associate for the Ceres Tracing Team
Department: Family Litigation
About Us: Gursey | Schneider LLP (“G|S”) is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals, and our talented teams consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
G|S offers services in all financial aspects of the marital dissolution process. We are currently hiring for the “big-data” Ceres tracing team, which focuses on parsing, organizing, categorizing, summarizing, and analyzing high volumes of activity from the bank, brokerage, and credit card accounts—often from multiple sources (accounting software, downloads from financial institutions, and scanned account statements). Most of this team’s clients are high-net-worth individuals and business owners (or their spouses).
Successful candidates must have the following:
- Ability to sustain focused attention on voluminous detailed information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-established skills in Microsoft Excel (Preferred candidates can demonstrate basic competency in the use of Excel’s logic, information, lookup & reference functions, and Excel tables.)
- Basic competency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
Recommended experience/skills in at least two of the following areas:
- Prior internship experience in a professional office
- Basic bookkeeping or use of accounting/bookkeeping/finance software (Quicken, QuickBooks, AgiLink/Datafaction, Sage, etc.) to categorize/reconcile transactions
- Extraction of data from one program for use in another program (i.e., parsing/formatting)
- Transformation of data
- Customization of presentations (of summarized data or conclusions) according to multiple sets of style
- Working with programmers to improve in-house/custom-built software programs or basic programming experience
- Data analytics, such as data mining, data management, statistical analysis, and data presentation.
- Bachelor's degree (majors in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline preferred)
A day-in-the-life basic overview for Associate Litigation Ceres Team Member:
Supporting Litigation Professionals with the following:
- Extracting or entering transactional data for tracing of separate property assets
- Reformatting transactional data and importing it into in-house-designed programs
- Reconciling previously extracted data to source documents or electronic files.
- Inventorying sources of information / identifying gaps or other missing items
- Generating reports from in-house-designed programs (Ceres, Lifestyler, etc.)
- Designing reports in Excel or Word for customized/client-specific scenarios
- Preparing work papers and work paper references
- Submitting suggestions for improvement of G|S’s custom-built programs
Something that should be noted: we offer market-leading benefits, and lots of fun, intangible perks (Quarterly socials, Annual ski/camping trips, annual black-tie optional holiday party, etc.).