About us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Tax Supervisor, CPA
Location: Remote or Hybrid
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 4+ years of public accounting experience minimum.
- Ability to prepare working trial balance and year-end adjusting entries
- Possess a broad understanding of Tax Law with specialized knowledge in a particular area(s) of individual, corporate, taxation of pass-throughs, estate and gift tax, non-profit experience, investment advisory, and financial planning
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related fields
- CPA certification is required
- Excellent computer skills required in Excel, Word, and CCH Axcess
- Excellent research, writing, verbal, and written communication skills are required
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Manage and develop income tax and financial planning clients
- Reviewing very complex Individual and Entity Tax Returns
- Preparing year-end projections
- Researching various Tax issues
- Mentoring Associates and guiding on Tax issues
- Liaising with Managers and Clients
- Maintaining presentation skills (oral and written)
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing plan, parental leave, and a 401(k) match. We also provide many fun intangible perks such as our annual ski/camping trip, black-tie holiday party, quarterly departmental mixers (travel stipend included), and paid continuing education.
The annual salary target for this job in this market is $90,000 - $120,000. The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the market demand, education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee’s total compensation. In addition to income, the following benefits are available: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) match, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program, and more.