About Us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Audit Senior
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 3+ years of public accounting experience.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.2
- Should have completed, or is approaching completion, of CPA examination.
- A solid understanding of audit issues.
- Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Managing, understanding, and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in several industries.
- Developing an understanding of the client's business,
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including monitoring the budget, planning, executing, directing staff, and completing financial statements and audits.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen client relationships.
- Preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
- Communicate with management, staff, and clients.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Update audit programs and questionnaires, recommending new policies and procedures.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests, findings, and conclusions.
- Performs accounting research and tests analytical procedures on financial data.
- Identifies audit issues and proposes strategies to resolve them.
- Communicates status of work and issues with seniors, managers, or partners on a timely basis.
- Works with other members of a team on a variety of engagements.
- Develops strong relationships with firm and client personnel.
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits including medical/dental / vision insurance, profit sharing plan, parental leave, and 401(k) match. We also offer many fun intangible perks such as our annual ski or camping trip, black-tie holiday party, and quarterly departmental mixers.
The annual salary target for this job in this market is $85,000 - $115,000. The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the market demand, education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee’s total compensation. In addition to income, the following benefits are available: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) match, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program, and more.