About us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Tax Manager, CPA
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- Possess a broad understanding of Tax Law with specialized knowledge in a particular area(s) of partnerships, individual, corporate, taxation of pass-throughs, entities, estate and gift tax, investment advisory, and/or financial planning
- Corporations, Partnerships, LLCs, and Trust Preparation experience
- Ability to prepare working trial balance and year-end adjusting entries
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related fields
- CPA certification is required
- Excellent computer skills required in Excel, Word, and CCH Axcess
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture, and non-corporate entity tax returns, and combined state tax returns
- Reviewing very complex Individual and Entity Tax Returns
- Manage and develop income tax and financial planning clients
- Work closely with tax partners and other tax staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage their expectations, ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively
- Consult, collaborate with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvements, and serve as a business adviser to client
- Preparing year-end projections
- Conducting research on various Tax issues
- Mentoring Associates and providing guidance on Tax issues
- Maintaining presentation skills (oral and written)
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing plan, parental leave, generous PTO, holiday, and 401K match. We also offer many fun intangible perks such as our annual ski/camping trip, black-tie holiday party, quarterly departmental mixers (travel stipend included), and paid continuing education.
The annual salary target for this job in this market is $115,000 - $150,000. The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the market demand, education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee’s total compensation. In addition to income, the following benefits are available: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) match, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program, and more.