About us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Tax Senior, CPA
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 2-3+ years of public accounting experience
- Must have experience with Entities and Real Estate (Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs, Trust Preparation experience)
- Ability to prepare working trial balance and year-end adjusting entries
- Possess a broad understanding of Tax Law with specialized knowledge in a particular area(s) of individual, corporate, taxation of pass-throughs, estate and gift tax, investment advisory, and/or financial planning.
- Experience with high-net-worth individuals, corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and trust preparation is preferred; non-profit experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and CCH Axcess and have excellent research, writing, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related fields
- CPA certification
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Manage and develop clients who require income tax and financial planning
- Review complex tax returns for individuals and entities
- Prepare and review year-end projections and quarterly estimates
- Conduct research on various tax-related issues
- Provide mentorship and guidance to associates on tax matters
- Act as a liaison between managers and clients
- Maintain strong presentation skills both in written and oral communication
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing plan, paid parental leave, 401(k) match, generous holiday and PTO, and overtime pay. We also offer fun intangible perks such as our annual ski/camping trip, black-tie holiday party, quarterly departmental mixers (travel stipend included), and paid continuing education.
The annual salary target for this job in this market is $75,000 - $110,000. The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the market demand, education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee’s total salary. In addition to income, the following benefits are available: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) match, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program, and more.