About us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals, and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Tax Senior, CPA
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Corporations, Partnerships, LLCs, and Trust Preparation experience
- Ability to prepare working trial balance and year-end adjusting entries
- Possess a broad understanding of Tax Law with specialized knowledge in a particular area(s) of individual, corporate, taxation of pass-throughs, estate and gift tax, investment advisory, and/or financial planning
- Excellent research, writing, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related fields
- CPA certification is required
- Excellent computer skills required in Excel, Word, and Pro-FX
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Manage and develop income tax and financial planning clients
- Reviewing very complex Individual and Entity Tax Returns
- Preparing year-end projections
- Conducting research on various Tax issues
- Mentoring Associates and providing guidance on Tax issues
- Liaising with Managers and Clients
- Maintaining presentation skills (oral and written)
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing plan, parental leave, 401K, and overtime pay (can be paid out or banked for PTO). We also offer many fun intangible perks such as our annual ski/camping trip, black-tie holiday party, quarterly departmental mixers (travel stipend included), and paid continuing education.