About Us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 Accounting rock stars, and our talented teams consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Experienced or Senior-level Accounting Associate
Successful candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or related field.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP/ OCBOA) and annual tax compliance
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members as needed.
- Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, Xero, Gusto, etc. is a plus
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial work papers and reports.
- Assisting with monitoring, maintaining, and reconciling financial accounts and Accounts Payable.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts as required.
- Prepare annual compliance reports: 1099s, City Tax, etc.
- Preparing financial statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Ledger, Trial Balance, and other Ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinate financial statement preparation and supporting documents for annual tax preparation and quarterly extension payments
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance via communication with all levels of management, clients, and other 3rd parties
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting research, accounting duties, and supporting staff as required or assigned add training staff as we
Something that should be noted: we offer paid overtime, market-leading benefits, and lots of fun, intangible perks (Quarterly Socials, Annual Ski/Camping trips, Catered breakfast, etc.).