About Us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with more than 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals, and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Discovery Management Staff
Description of role: Gursey | Schneider is looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented individual who will work integrally with litigation professionals at all levels to contribute to the discovery management shared service team. This role allows for professional growth and career progression.
- Assist in the review, organization, and categorization of financial, legal, corporate, real estate, and other documents for importation and metadata entry into G|S’ proprietary document management software.
- Summarize and reconcile formal discovery requests and responses, including document productions, Form Interrogatories, Special Interrogatories, and Request for Admissions.
- Assist with settlement conference and trial preparation by organizing reports, preparation of workpaper files, and exhibit lists.
- Liaison with clients, attorneys and their paralegals to send and receive large document productions using secure Sharefile links.
- Meet with associates, managers, and partners to discuss case details and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skill/Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive deadlines and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Strong proactive work ethic, follow through, punctual.
- Forward-thinking attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with
- Financial records such as tax returns, financial statements, general ledgers, bank, brokerage and credit card account statements, and loan, escrow and title documents.
- Legal language, acronyms and, court pleadings.
- Prior paralegal work experience.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program. Will be able to maintain certification with direct attorney supervision.
Something that should be noted: we offer market-leading benefits, and lots of fun, intangible perks (Quarterly Socials, Annual Ski/Camping trips, Catered breakfast, etc.).