Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 Accounting rock stars, and our talented teams consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem solving.
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist (Collections)
Job Summary: We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 5 years of Accounts Receivable and Collection experience who will take full ownership of the Collections process. Applicant will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues including using legal collection procedures (arbitration/bankruptcy proof of claims).
Applicant must be proficient at MS Office (especially Excel). California Notary Certification a plus. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator.
Maintenance of Client Collection Files:
• Maintain and update client account status in the Firm’s collection software.
• Maintain all client collection files.
• Maintain and update Excel spreadsheets tracking account status.
• Coordinate recovery with Firm clients and outside legal counsel.
• Negotiate and monitor payment plans.
• Handle billing/payment questions or issues for clients and staff members.
Coordination with Senior Management:
• Enlist the efforts of Senior Management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
• Review and monitor client accounts receivable balances to determine status of collections. As the receivables age, ensure escalation strategy is being adhered to, which includes but is not limited to, the use of automated collection letters.
• Review accounts receivable and meet with partners to discuss past due accounts.
• Make recommendations as to the uncollectible accounts to be sent to outside agencies and coordinate their activities.
Legal Debt Collection - Arbitration & Bankruptcy
• Prepare and mail or email demand letters.
• Obtain and compile documentation required for Arbitration, Mediation and/or Court.
• Input and schedule all arbitration dates timely.
• Research bankruptcy notices.
• Prepare and file bankruptcy proof of claim forms.
• Manage bankruptcy filings and coordinate with outside legal counsel.
• Provide backup as needed for billing department.
• Implement and document new collection procedures, issue resolution and formal dispute tracking.
Something that should be noted: we offer paid overtime, market-leading benefits, and lots of fun, intangible perks (Quarterly Socials, Annual Ski/Camping trips, Catered breakfast, etc.).