About Us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with more than 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals, and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Litigation Associate
Department: Family Litigation
Location: San Francisco
Description of the role: Gursey | Schneider LLP is looking for a detail-oriented accounting professional to contribute to the Litigation Department in a hybrid environment. We are currently hiring for our dynamic and fast-growing San Francisco office, servicing high-net-worth clients and business owners in all financial aspects of the marital dissolution process.
- Bachelor's degree (majors in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to organize voluminous detailed information
- Well-established skills in Microsoft Excel (Preferred candidates can demonstrate basic competency in the use of Excel’s logic, information, functions, and of Excel’s tables.)
- Basic competency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Customize reports in Excel or Word for client-specific scenarios
Successful candidates should have the following:
- Internship experience in a professional office preferred
- Reasonable commuting distance to the San Francisco office (hybrid in-office/work-from-home schedule)
Supporting Litigation Professionals with the following:
- Analysis revolving around all forensic accounting and family law litigation matters
- Tracing of separate property assets
- Analyzing income available for child and spousal support
- The marital standard of living analyses
- Exposure to business valuations
- Real estate apportionment
- Allocation of equity compensation (stock options, restricted stock units, carried interest, etc.)
- Preparing declarations
- Post-separation accounting and reimbursement analyses
- Document discovery and management
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing plan, 401K, and overtime pay (can be paid out or banked for PTO). We also offer many fun intangible perks such as our annual ski/camping trip, black-tie holiday party, quarterly departmental mixers (travel stipend included), and paid continuing education.
The annual salary target for this job in this market is $60,000 - $80,000.The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the market demand, education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee’s total compensation. In addition to income, the following benefits are available: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) match, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program, and more.