About us: Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 accounting professionals, and our talented people consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem-solving.
Job Title: Senior Associate, CPA (Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support)
Department: Family Litigation
Location: El Segundo (hybrid in-office/work-from-home schedule)
Description of role: Gursey | Schneider seeks a dynamic and detail-oriented professional to contribute to the litigation department. This position focuses on high-net-worth clients and business owners in all financial aspects of the marital dissolution process and allows for professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related fields
- CPA Designation
- Licensed (or pending) California CPA with 2-3+ years of recent top 100 public accounting firm audit, tax or advisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Tracing of separate property assets
- Analyzing gross cash flow available for child and spousal support
- The marital standard of living analyses
- Business valuations
- Real estate apportionment
- Apportionment of equity compensation (stock options, restricted stock units, carried interest, etc.)
- Have the opportunity to prepare different types of declarations for Court proceedings
- Accounting for transactions occurring post-separation and analyzing their impact on the community estate
- Prepare deposition questions for financial and party witnesses, as well as assist counsel while attending the deposition
- Assist partner with the preparation of settlement conferences; senior associate may have the opportunity to travel to attend and participate in settlement conferences, assisting clients with the resolution of their dissolution.
- Prepare work papers and exhibits for court hearings; senior associates may have the opportunity to travel to attend court with the senior partners on the matter to gain experience toward the ultimate goal of becoming a testifying expert witness.
Benefits: G|S offers market-leading benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, a profit-sharing plan, 401(k) match, Generous PTO and Holiday time off, and overtime pay (can be paid out or banked for PTO). We also offer many fun intangible perks, such as our annual ski/camping trip, black-tie holiday party, quarterly departmental mixers (travel stipend included), and paid continuing education.
The annual salary target for this job in this market is $90,000-$110,000. The specific compensation for this role will be determined based on the market demand, education, experience, and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee's total compensation. In addition to income, the following benefits are available: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, profit sharing and 401(k) match, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program, and more.